Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 28, 2015

KEEPIN' THE MUSIC ALIVE - THE HEARTBREAKERS - GREETINGS FROM EAST LOS ANGELES




THE HEARTBREAKERS - GREETINGS FROM EAST LA

Track Listing:

01. Cradle Rock
02. Every Time I See You
03. Please Answer
04. I Played The Fool
05. The Roach
06. Trying To Forget You
07. Baby I Love You So
08. I Don't Care
09. She Is My Baby
10. Aquel Amor

Two of the finest gentlemen I have ever met, Benny and Joe Rodriguez have recorded a new CD entitled "Greeting from East LA"

Eastside legends, Benny and Joe are better known as The Heartbreakers and have been part of the Eastside music scene since the early 1960's. (See my post EASTSIDE LEGENDS - THE HEARTBREAKERS) and continue to perform locally and in various parts of the country today.

Although Benny and Joe have been singing and performing together for more that 50 years their voices have not missed a beat. Many critics have dubbed the "Eastside Sound" as duet vocal harmony. If that is the case The Heartbreakers are among the finest.

On this CD, Benny and Joe have re-recorded many of their vinyl classics. Songs like "Cradle Rock", "Every Time I See You", "She Is My Baby" and my personal favorite, "Please Answer" sound amazingly like their records which to me is a good thing.

Also included on the CD is the beautiful ballad "Baby I Love You So" penned by Eastside legend Mark Guerrero and two tunes penned by Eastside rocker, Chan Romero entitled  "Trying To Forget You" and "I Don't Care".

Rounding out the CD is a cover of the Clovers' classic, "I Played The Fool" and the beautiful Spanish language "Aquel Amor" (That Love).

I very highly recommend this CD and if you are interested in obtaining a copy you can e-mail Benny Rodriguez at

brodriguez424@gmail.com

You may also preview the CD for a very limited time at the East LA Revue website jukebox:

http://www.eastlarevue.com/






               Me and fellow collector Bobby Medina with Benny & Joe




NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED!!!

SOLELY FOR HISTORICAL AND EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES AND FOR LISTENING PLEASURE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment