Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 28, 2020

EASTSIDE BANDS - THE RUNABOUTS



Band Members:

Bobby Torres (vocals)
Ron Lemos (guitar)
Dean Lemos (bass)
B.B. Rico (Farfisa keyboard)
Jack D'Amour (drums)
Gilbert Priest (trumpet)
Ernie Salas (sax)

Thee Runabouts from Los Angeles, California recorded a parody of the Jimmy Webb penned "By The Time I Get To Phoenix" entitled "By The Time I Get To Texas"The song was never released as a single but appears on Volume 2 of the Rampart Lp "Eastside Revue" which was released in 1969.





I pressed a copy on my Eastside Sound label.



Though the year of release is unknown Thee Runabouts cut two singles for the Mod record label>

"Sacred Love"/"Skyjack"




"Chicana Girl"/"Viva Chicano"




In my collection I ran across another single released on the Del Gordo label though most likely a bootleg. "La Bamba"/"Hoy Mas Que Ayer" which is a Spanish language version of the Spiral Staircase's "More Today Than Yesterday"






NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED!!

SOLELY FOR HISTORICAL & EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment