Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

VINYL CLASSICS - THE GIRLS NAME LABEL OLDIES LPS

After discovering Rock & Roll in the late 1950's, I began listening to the radio every evening doing my home work and then again as i would fall asleep with my transistor by my side in bed.

I spun the dial a lot especially late at night the Mighty 1090, XERB, XPRS, KRLA, KHJ, KFWB, KDAY, KRLD, KALI, KGFJ and on.

I remember hearing Wolfman Jack and Huggy Boy on the various stations doing radio promos for a set of oldies albums you could order through the mail. A collection of over 80 of your favorites.

From 1967-1969 I was a disc jockey on the college radio station KELA, Huskie Radio, the voice of East Los Angeles College. In need of some tune for my oldies show I ordered a set.

To my surprise they did not come with album jackets but came in white paper sleeves. Not knowing it at the time this was my first encounter with "bootlegs"

Over the years I have seen this same set of oldies pressed on different labels in record stores, The saet I have used girls names on the record label.

I can't even guess how many of these were sold by mail by various record stations but I am sure they are getting scarce.






















NO COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT INTENDED!!

SOLELY FOR HISTORICAL & EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES

2 comments:

  1. Where would someone find these albums. I remember is to have all of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could try Sounds of Music in East LA. They used to have them. If not E-Bay or Discogs online.

      Delete